This is a great brunch!
1 loaf of French bread cubed
8 ounces of cream cheese
2 cups of half and half or milk
1/2 cup butter melted
1/4 cup maple syrup
1 cup strawberry jam
2 cups sliced strawberries.
Method of Preparation:
1. Preheat an oven to 350 degrees.
2. Place the cubed bread in a lightly buttered baking dish approx. 9-inch x 13-inch and sprinkle in the cubed cream cheese.
3. Whisk together the eggs, half and half or milk, the butter and maple syrup and whack well.
4. Pour this mixture over the bread cubes and refrigerate for an hour to absorb the liquids.
5. Bake in the oven for 45 min until well browned.
6. Meanwhile heat the strawberry jam until melted, fold in the sliced berries and pour the mixture over the warm French toast. Serve.